Sunday 6 May 2007

'Twas the night before......

1 more sleep...1 more sleep doo dah...doo dah...

Well lets just say I am... excited, nervous, scared, anxious, excited, overjoyed, soo ready.. and did I mention excited.

I have spent the last 3 weeks organising people to have the kids morning of surgery, my parents to have them to stay over night, someone else to get them after school the next day till hubby gets home, all their clothes, frozen food, house neat as a pin, and hubby to have a couple of hours off tomorrow morn to take me to hosp, and a hundred other things. And then on sunday my husbands uncle (who was like a grandfather to him) passed away, and his funeral is on Thursday in Adelaide. So monday night we had to book flights for him (and he decided to take the kids) to leave on wednesday to fly to Adelaide, he decided he is leaving straight after work as he doesn't want to take too much time off as its a new job, so he can't go in late on wednesday.

I now have to drive myself to the hospital tomorrow, and leave my car there until friday when he gets back and asks a friend to take him to pick me and the car up. It's all seemed like systems go, changing all my plans and having to play "big tough Tarnya, who can go through this all by herself" I am now sitting here shiteing myself because I have to go there alone and then not have my "rock" to come in tomorrow night to give me hugs and kisses and tell me its all ok and the pain will go away soon.

I feel like a big sook, this has been planned for 2 months now and I'm just pissed that it's not going to plan (sorry uncle Keith, I know it's not your fault). I certainly don't want David not to go, I couldn't do that to him, and I really would have liked to go and see the family myself.

I thought about ringing Dr Wright, but I just DON'T WANT to put this off again. I was supposed to have the band done on the 18th April, but because Dave was starting a new job and we were uncertain of his starting date and what sort of shifts he would be doing, I put the op back 3 weeks, and it was sooooo very hard to get to the 18th and know I could have been having it done. I didn't want to do that again.

Ok... I am over feeling sorry for myself now.... and back to the excitement. I can do this, they will be back friday to take me home...

Wish me luck !!!!!!!
'Ciao'

2 comments:

Bunny the Lifeguard said...

Hunny I imagine you won't sleep much tonight! I know it's upsetting that you won't have your "rock" there to hold your hand, but try not to be upset. Think about nothing but the fact that you have just changed your life for the better!
Good luck tomorrow Tarnya!!!!!! HIP HIP HOORAY!
ERin

Tarn71 said...

Thanks Erin... I am ok now, just needed to purge, Ready..Set.. Banded YYaaaayyyhhhh!!!!