Sunday 6 May 2007

6th May2007 - 3 More Sleeps

I went to see the anaesthetist on thursday and all was well, he was very nice and aparently only 4 days younger than me , and as our birthdays were only 2 weeks agao, we chatted away and got along famously. Has anybody ever wondered why surgeons are so ummmm... non talkative and often distant and every anaesthesist that I have ever met are beautiful, lovely people with wonderful bedside manner. And they deal with sleeping people... I don't get it....

He was saying that the downside to laporoscopies other than the gas/shoulder tip pain is the nausea that it causes, so they now put in with the sleepy stuff, some zofran, something else and cortisone(has antinausea properties) to reduce the nausea and chances of vomiting afterwards, which was quiet reassuring.

Well I am mostly organised, today I got my bag packed, and made sure I put in the degas, peppermint tea, chubba chups, earplugs, lip balm, and all the other things that I have been advised I my need (special thanks to all those on Yahoo lapband message board for all their input). So at least thats all set... oh and of course I did pack Pj's and undies too.

Only 3 sleeps to go now and a little anxious and nervous, but just trying to keep busy. Trying to keep the house intact (despite the hubby and 2 kids...grrrrr) and in my wisdom pulled my front garden to pieces this morning, so I am knackered and already sore from using the maddock and shovel. I ended up with 4 barrows full of weeds/clippings/cuttings ... what was I thinking.... got rid of some frustration and stopped me annoying the family about making a mess..

Whoo hooo.... I am SOOOOO excited..

1 comment:

Bunny the Lifeguard said...

Wow Tarn you are SO close hun! 3 days away from your new life! You must be almost jumping out of your skin! Hope you can keep your blog really detailed after surgery... I Love reading every little detail about the experience! - Erin