Saturday 12 May 2007

12th May - 3 Days Post -Op

That first day (day of surgery - day zero) I only had clear liquids, water and apple juice. Day 1 I had apple juice and a cup of black tea for breakfast, and lunch was strained chicken broth and runny custard (the sweetness was heaven)
I came home on Friday morning (day 2) my husband and boys had to go to Adelaide for a funeral and flew back Friday morning and came straight to pick me up. It was soooo nice to be home. I went straight to my bed (I love my bed) and slept for about 3 hours. I don't ever remember being soooo tired before. I think it's a combination of not sleeping well the week of the surgery, the anaesthesia, drugs and the nurses waking you in hospital all the time.
I'd like to add here that EVERY nurse I encountered at Warners Bay Private Hospital was absolutely beautiful, I have never had such a pleasant experience in hosp, or met such friendly, professional and caring nurses....thank you... thank you.... thank you......
Today is Saturday... I slept in... I got up as the family was leaving to go to play soccer and footy, I was little disappointed that I missed the games but was looking forward to just sitting and relaxing at home. Today has felt like it has revolved around food.
What to eat?....... When to eat?........ How much to eat?..... Am I eating too much?.....
I'm sure I will get used to it.
I'm writing this post tonight while the family is out at our friends 40th birthday BBQ, I have told everybody that I have a tummy bug and can't go. I'm just hoping my boys don't drop me into it. I have only told a selected few. 2 girls at work, mum & Dad, 2 close girlfriends, and my husband and boys of course. I'm sure I will tell others, but not just yet. Firstly I need to heal and start to loose weight to prove to myself I can do it.... then I can let others in.
Speaking of weight..... pre-op I weighed 114.2kg on their scales and I weighed myself as I was leaving and my weight was 112.1kg on the same scales, so that encouraging. I will wait till my dietitian appoint on wed to be weighed next...... don't want to jinx it..

Ok sitting in this chair is becoming painful, it must be time for more drugs..... Gotta go !!!

No comments: