Tuesday 8 May 2007

The last Post - Pre-op

Well its 11.30pm and I have finally finished everything, the house is spotless, everybody is packed, kids schoolstuff is ready, bathrooms and floors sparkling, so I thought I would post one last time.

We went to Wangi pub and had dinner tonight (the last supper) and Iwoofed down some gorgeous garlic prawns (the Dr's and nurses are gonna love me tomorrow hehehe) they were sooo yummy. It was just the 4 of us (the family), which doesn't often happen as we normally dine out with friend and their kids, and we had a lovely time, the kids were perfect and the food fab.

I am supposed to fast from 2am, so having my last diet coke.. (ppft I just wrote diet cock..... I wish... hubby is snoring) while the last load of washing is going through. Now that everything is done and ready, I feel very calm, I expected to be nervous tonight. I think me having a meltdown yesterday got all the pent up crap out of my system. I nearly had an accident yesterday morning on the way to work. I endedup getting there 10 min late after sitting in the car having a mini anxiety attack. When I went into work and one of the girls asked if I was ok, I just lost it, ended up crying and feeling sorry for myself for about 20 min. With Dave and boys going to Adelaide and trying to organise that (planes, hire car, credit card paid and cleared in time, clothes packed and so on) and unorganising the existing plans, as well as feeling a little let down that Dave wasn't going to be there was just all to much. And nearly going under a truck just topped it off. It's amazing how much better you feel after a cry. It was also hard because only 2 of the girls at work know about the op, and after this episode they were all hovering about while I was mentioning operations and hospitals, so I ended up telling the others I was having Gall bladder op. At least this allows for the 2 weeks recovery... the "girls stuff" wouldn't have cut it.

I am going to drive myself to the hospital in the morning and yeasterday was feeling awfully scared about flying solo, but after yesterday I have felt so much better, and now ready to stand up and take it like mother (men aren't as strong as mothers).

The next post I do will be in a few days where hopefully I can fill you in on the op and afterwards... just hope they don't refuse to do the op because of the garlic breath... lol
Cheers........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Tarn!

Will be thinking of you, and regardless of your garlic breath - Im sure the op will go fine, and you will be great!!

Wouldnt it be funny though, if you woke up after surgery and the nurses were wearing gas masks instead of surgi ones! *grins*

I will be checking in to see how your doing!

Bunny the Lifeguard said...

Tarn come on I am DYING to know how you are!!!
LOL I imagined them opening you up and being slapped in the face with a wild half digested garlic prawn attack... And your diet cock comment made me crack up!
Come on girl we wanna know EVERYTHING!
Erin