Thursday 17 May 2007

1 Week Post-op = 5.2kg loss

Well it's been 1 week already...... Everything is going really well, I can't believe how satisfied I am with the little amount I eat, we are talking 1/2 a cup at a time !!!! Earlier on in the week I was having half cup amounts every 2 hrs, I couldn't identify weather the growling in my tummy was hunger, wind, or just noise, and as I could take too much at a time I didn't want my energy levels to fade.

Yesterday I started having my 3 meals which consisted of optifast for brekky(just easy) soup for lunch and soup for dinner. In between I have fruit juice for morning and afternoon tea. I have made diet jelly and diet custard and diet cordial in case I feel I need something else, but I am making sure that anything else I have is calorie free. Of course I have about 1 litre of water also.

I saw the dietitian yesterday and she seemed really happy with how I was going, she wanted me to start mushies tomorrow, which is only day nine but I asked her is I could go till next Wednesday as I want to optimize my weight loss during this liquid stage, and I am feeling pretty ok with the soups and shakes at the moment.

here's the good part.... this morning I was 109.00kg. That is 5.2kg loss in 8 days. I am stoked!!!

Now for funny story;
....My husband who is about 15-20kg overweight, decided while I was on liquids he would do optifast (lazy shit just doesn't want to cook for himself)... anyway... he started it on Monday has a shake for brekky and dinner and a bar for lunch (can't let the boys see him have a sissy shake at work) and has also been having coffee, diet coke and 3 pieces of fruit a day. Last night (and that's a night time weigh!!!) he had dropped 5 kilo in 4 days.... can you believe it !!!! I am happy for him, and very proud, but now feel all my glory has gone and my cheer squad has abandoned me.

So now he wants a comp to see who looses 15kg first, and says I'm a chicken because I won't compete with him. I have told him that I am doing this properly, slowly and permanently, and he just (whilst elbowing me) says "Aaaawwww come on.... are ya scared I'll beat ya !!" like a yobbo bloke. While laughing I have to try and tell him this is about me "boyfriend !!" not you.. hehehe

men... can't live with them... can't live without them

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi There
Congratulations on the way things are going. I have family experience of gastric surgery and know not everythings easy, I know its takes hard work and motivation.
I was a bit worried to hear about your husbands 5kgs in 4 days, that's probably to much to lose in such a short space of time. I live with a dietitian as well as work with them so its great to hear that you're getting the right support and that you've got the right attitude. With your realistic approach to weightloss I'm sure you'll get there.
Best wishes

Dave
www.EatatEase.com
blog.EatatEase.com

Bunny the Lifeguard said...

You know what Tarn? BATTLE BABY! I think that you SHOULD fight the man in your weight loss journey. BUT, this is the manipulative side of me, because men lose interest in diets SO quickly, if you agree to "RACE" him, he will really bust his ass to lose weight and look good because he'll be motivated by WINNING! Then you can just keep doing what you're doing with no interest whatsoever in beating him! He'll never know! Muahaha I love to play with the male mind...

By the way 5.2kg loss? FABULOUS BABY! You're doing AMAZINGLY! Are you hurting at all hun? Im SOOKY LA LA so no doubt 13 entries in my blog will be all about me making Aaron lift me out of bed in the morning...
Keep it up sweet pea you're the best!

Scared Thin said...

I just have to say - my man did EXACTLY THE SAME THING... except he went on Optifast a week BEFORE *I* had to... and he's dropped 4kg in 4 days.

Now I feel like i have something I have to measure up to... men are impossible :P