Saturday 26 May 2007

26th May- 2 weeks post-op

I can't beleive how fast this time as gone, I have been fluffing around at home like Lady Muck for the last 2 weeks, and instead of the time being productive I have been very leisurely. I read a couple of books, visited a few friends, attended a few school things (education week and so forth) and basically rested. All in all it's been great.

On Wednesday which was exactly 2 weeks post-op i went back to work..... suprise suprise it was still the same, but nice to get back to the girls. Only 2of the girls know what sort of op I had, and when it came time for morning tea one of the untold calls out "i'm getting m/tea who wants some" A few eyebrows raised when I said no thanks. Typical nobody would think it was strange if the skinny ones said no, but when the fatty does... ok...ok.. maybe that has something to do with the fact that I never say no...... anyway the point of this story was to tell you that I didn't feel deprived or resentful at not eating (which I have in the past when on a diet) and I was satisfied with my tea untill lunch. Mind you by lunch I was starving and was near ready to eat the packet that the soup came in, and by dinner I was famished.

I found it better on Thursday, I wasn't anywhere near as hungry between meals, so I am hoping I can break the graizing cycle I had going while I was at home healing. That was another reason I was glad to go back to work (aren't I clever I have found 2 reasons for work) I found that because I was starting to feel the hunger quickly I was always looking for food, and at home its all to easy to eat and eat (graize).

I have been on mushies for a week today, I have been having scrambled eggs, porridge, fetticini cabonara, macoroni & cheese, home made fried rice, curry chicken & rice, and tonight I cooked some finely chopped bacon mushrooms and cherry tomatoes and waited till the tomatoes had formed juice on bottom of pan and had it on toast. I made the toast really soggy and it was DEVINE....now for the bad stuff, I have sucked a packet of salt & vinegar chips, and eaten a sausage, and the guts of a fillet-o-fish at Macca's..... My bad !!!

I go back to the dietitian on Monday and will have to tell her that my proportion sizes are growing, and feeling hunger, I am hoping she will start to consider bringing my fill forward to 4 weeks instead of 6 weeks. I feel fantastic, I have hardly had pain and mobility has been great since day 4. I have read on a few threads that some bandsters are filled as early as 2-3 weeks and one of them was 3.5 weeks and had her second fill, isn't that amazing... I hope I can get one soon.

Weight loss up untill wednesday was still at 5.2kg down which was the same as when I started mushies. ... I must have over used the damn scales because the battery up and died on me and I haven't weighed myself in 3 whole days... can you beleive it !!!! I was in danger of becoming a serial weigher, morning, noon, arvo, night, after number 2's and so on, but kalma has arrived and I can no longer weigh. Now I have to wait untill monday unless I make a mad dash to the shops and get some batteries... I think I will wait.

I'll keep you posted...

No comments: