Tuesday 5 February 2008

91.2kg and Counting


When I got on the scales this morning they said.... 91.2kg... dadaaaaaa


I only have 1.3kgs to go before I am in the 80's.... I can't wait.... I can't wait


For a few weeks now I have been loosing weight steadily and the results have been fantastic, it has slowed a little this week after my ketosis theory ( I knew I shouldn't have said it outloud) but it is still coming off. I had to go and order new work clothes today. I bought size 16 top and bottoms and they fit like a glove. I can remember being in size 16 pants about 10 years ago after loosing 26kg on WW but my tops were still size 22's (this was before the breast reduction 8years ago) so for me to be wearing a size 16 top is a first.
I went out on Saturday night with a few friends and danced the night away and drank a little too much (how fast do you get drunk these days...wow) I was a little seedy on Sunday and had organised to go to The Central Coast Bansters lunch at Charlestown. We met at 11.30 and had a great time chatting and what not. But because I was seedy I wanted something greasy and wicked (man I would have slit someones throat for the ability to eat a bacon and egg roll) I ordered beer battered fish and first mouthful in I was doubled over with pain.
The worst thing about hanging with banded people is they watch and read your body language when you are eating, and I felt terribly embarrassed about going to the loo and throwing up. In non banded company if this happened I could have slipped away and noone would have thought anything about it. I then sat and waited and tried again, but to no avail. I must have really been hungry and eaten too much too fast. I suffered all day and all night for it and have taken it easy with the food since.
I know I am probably sightly too restricted, but generally I have been eating accordingly, but I really am hesitant to have any removed untill I go away for Easter. I am enjoying the weight loss and trying to be carefull......(most of the time)
Do many of you struggle eating breaky? I can't seem to make myself eat in the morning. The tummy grumbles but I can't stomach anything. I started last week to have an Optifast instead of my cup of tea to try and boost my vits and minerals a little, but even then I don't always feel like it. I don't know if this is wrong, or weather I should just go with the flow.....
Til next time
Cheers Tarn xxxx

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations - nearly into the 80's now - you are doing so well. Reading through your journey has been really inspiring.

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl,

You look amazing!!

I haven't eaten brekky for over 8 months! I cannot stomach anything but a cup of coffee and that takes me an hour to get through.

My surgeon has always told me to dodge brekky as much as I can, which is so ironic as all my life all I have heard, read and been told is the importance of breakfast.

Keep on doing what you are doing as the results are bloody amazing!!

Reney

Anonymous said...

Hi Tarn,

I check your blog all the time, I love the way you write and the honesty you write with.

I can't eat anything in the morning at all. Even the most sensible, soft, mushy thing just won't go down. I can only eat lunch if I have cupsoup first. Weird I know.

Keep it up, you look incredible!

Jane

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I've been folling your blog for ages and love how honest you are! Well done on your weightloss!
Just wanted to share that I have been Following low carb since june last year because I was frustrated that I wasn't loosing weight and had been banded for a year! Since switching to a ketogenic lifestyle I have transformed!! I am so much more alive with no head fog tiredness or cravings! I check everymorning for ketosis with the ketosticks from the chemist.My health has improved soo much and I weigh 74kgs which I have never ever been before in my adult life(41kgs down). Not only that I can eat when Im hungry and not feel guilty providing its low carb, and loose weight quicker with high fat foods(who would have thought!). I have also loosened the band as there is no need for it to be supertight so I can eat meat happily. I have no plans of ever eating differently as I get such a slump of energy and also feel comatosed when my body goes back into glucosis.
I think you have found something that will help you lose the weight keep researching and you'll be surprised how it could transform you!Theres also a great blog, google- livinlavidalowcarb there is just so much info here updated almost daily, good luck!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Tarn,

Like you last weekend I was craving the hang over greasy food fix and also tried the battered fish. One mouthfull and I was done, didn't have to PB but taht was all I could eat. This is the second time battered fish has done it to me, I think it is the batter as I can eat grilled fish and even steak if really tender.

Anyway who knows with these bands!!

Keep up the good work, you look great.

Terry