Monday 25 February 2008

My Friend RALPH !!!!..... NOT !!!


AAAARRRGHHH !!!

I am so crook. I always wondered what would happen or how I would cope if I got a gastro/stomach bug..... well now I know!!!!
I went to work Saturday morning and came home and had some Sumin noodles in a cup, that was all I felt like, but after eating about a quarter I felt sick and threw up. I put this down to the band as sometimes I can eat noodles and other times the band just hates them. We were having visitors for dinner, so I made nibbles tray, a kick ass potato bake, creek salad and and chili cheese pull-apart (all of which I wouldn't be able to eat but hey... you gotta look after your guests)
All was going well, I managed some feta, tomato and avocado, but the whole time felt queasy. Just before they all left at about 11pm I started to vomit (again thought it was the band and that I was just not tolerating food). When we went to bed I started getting reflux and the heartburn was incredible, I have never felt anything like this. If that wasn't pure acid in my mouth I know nothin'. I then started vomiting every 15-20 min, and the nausea was awful. I finally laid on the lounge at about 5 and dosed.
Dave woke me at 6.30 and took me to bed after I chucked once again. I then slept till 11am (poor kids occupied themselves) After I got up I noticed my tummy was really sore, not unlike you would expect after a night of vomiting, I managed maybe 2 small sips of water which hurt my raw throat and struggled down my tummy. Later about 2 pm it all started to go terribly wrong.
I couldn't keep anything down.... I was in pain in my chest and abdomen.... and I was struggling to swallow my saliva.... I was obviously swollen...NOT GOOD !!
I rang Dr Fill on his mobile number and he told me he was in Sydney 2 hrs away(with his colleagues) at a conference and wouldn't be home til 8.30 that night but wanted to meet me. I struggled through till then and Dave drove me over to the surgery to meet this poor man that had been working all weekend at 8.30pm on a Sunday night. I felt really bad. He was great about it, told me I had done the right thing and that he didn't want me in pain.
He decided to take all my fill out (horror horror) I started to tear up, lip quivering , and he tells me not to worry he will put the whole lot back in on Tuesday if I am better, but that I couldn't go on as I was, it was likely that I would swell more before it subsided. Because I trusted him I relented.
There was instant nausea as he withdrew the 5 mls ( he left 0.4mls in there) it was like he was sucking out my lifes blood it was that dramatic..lol maybe not dramatic... but a huge difference. The release of pressure was instant. He then asked me to drink some water slowly and amazingly enough it went down. I thanked him and thanked him and apologised for inconveniencing him and went home and slept like a baby.
I am so lucky to have a great Dr like him...... I can't say enough about him... he is WONDERFUL. Today I feel much better, I am drinking and eating, but still exhausted and washed out. I have made an appointment for Tuesday (tomorrow) but told the girls at the surgery that I would see how I am in the morning, I certainly don't want to push it.
LESSON: Do not get a stomach bug......
Talk soon
Tarn
Oh..... he weighed me.... since the 20th December(last appointment) till yesterday I had lost 14kg... OMG.... that's 2 months
T xxxx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

awww thats horrible!!!! hope that u feel back to your amazing self soon!! congrats on 14 kios loss!!!
-bridget :0)