Sunday 18 November 2007

Is It Just Me...... Or Is This Hard ???


I mean it ..... Am I the only one that finds this dificult? I have spoken to lots of bandsters by email, yahoo message boards and my support group and all I am hearing is massive weight loss....sweet spots (whatever the fuck that is...no sweetness here) no hunger and a new appreciation for food.....


I am hungry and can eat stuff , I have gained weight recently, I am either too restricted or not enough, and I am as frustrated with fucking food now as when I was before.... Give me strength.


I am serious, as greatful as I am for the 15kg that I have lost, I am so very disapointed that in six months that is all I have lost... I mean come on... That is only just over 10% of my starting weight. I did that in 8 weeks at Weight Watchers 5 years ago.


Now before you all get on you hobby horses....YES... I did put that weight back on, but seriously I lost 15kg in 15 weeks ..... and and did a total of 25kg in 35weeks. I looked at the books today and as you can imagine it just made me feel SOOOOO much better about myself.


The reason this has come up is that 2 weeks ago I went and had 0.5ml taken out of the band because I couldn't eat a damn thing and drinking was near impossible, and now I can and want to eat anything. Tomorrow I am calling Dr Fill to ask to see him again to have a top up but I am just scared that I will go back to how I was 2 weeks ago, and I was MISERABLE !!!!!


If I could just find this fucking sweet spot (maybe I should ask the Wizard of Oz for it) I would be happy (said loosely as I am a grass is greener kinda girl.....never happy)


AAAARRRGGGHHH !!!!!!!


Till next temper tantrum


Tarn xxx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big hugs Tarn.
I'm finding it hard too at the moment, and I know I have lost lots and should be happy, but its still hard.
I have lost your email address, mine is hill@westnet.com.au if you need to vent some more.
Hang in there babe,
Beth

Anonymous said...

Tarn,

I know just how you feel! I've been banded for 11 months and have lost 24-25 kgs (depending on the day!). But only 3 kgs of that has been lost in the last 3 months!!! It's so annoying.

I didn't get proper restriction until my 7th fill....yes, 7th!! My 5th fill ended with me at the hospital having some removed because I couldn't even swallow my own saliva.

But weirdly, I think I have about the same amount of fill as I did when I ended up at the hospital, but I seem to be okay this time. I'm noticing I can definitely only eat small amounts of food.....but I've yet to come across any food I can't eat. So hopefully just having a little bit of fill added in wouldn't end up with you being miserable again!

15kgs in 5 mths is great. I know you would have wanted more (hell, I was hoping to have lost about 35kgs by now), but at least it's 15kgs that is never coming back.

Chin up

Kylie

Tarn71 said...

Thanks Beth and Kylie,

It did feel better after the vent and you are right Kylie, down 15kg is better that a kick in the teeth and I am really grateful for that.

Thanks for cheering me up

Cheers tarn xxx