Tuesday 20 November 2007

I Love Dr Fill


As I have mentioned before my surgeon is only the surgeon, the fellow who manages my fills is a Doctor called Tony, and he is wonderful. I have named him Dr Fill for purposes unknown to me.... it just sounds funny.


I made the appointment to see Dr Fill yesterday for 2.30pm today as I work till 1 and the surgery is about 30minutes away. I left work at 20 minutes past one and headed over worried about the traffic and because it is so damn hot thought I would just sit in the air-con waiting room and read.


I got to the surgery at 1.50pm and sat ready to wait for an hour. Tony (aka Dr Fill) comes back in from lunch and spies me sitting there talks to the receptionist and asks me to come on in, as there was no use waiting when he was free...... What a sweety !!!!.(how many people can say you got into a Dr's 1 hr early and not 1 hr late)


I explained to Tony that I was no longer restricted enough and told him how frustrated I am at the not restricted vs too restricted saga all with in a 0.5ml range. He said that some people are lucky enough to hit a sweet spot after a certain amount of fills and manage to maintain it and no drama (obviously this is the same people that weight just falls off - I hate them) but he said for the most part people have to do a few adjustments to get the right result and that the important thing is not to irritate the area with vomiting or BPing as this changes the restriction and causes the vicious cycle.


I know that I know all this already, but it is so nice to have a Dr that is willing to go over and over it and treat you with kindness and understanding, rather than being irritated and short because you don't get it. I say this because a friend of mine goes to another surgeon and has recently had problems with reflux and pain due to overfill and swelling, and when she finally went to her Dr he abused the hell out of her and took all the fill out and told her he was going to only put 1ml back in each 4 weeks. She had lost 18kg on Optifast pre-surgery and 20kg post-surgery in 7 months and he told he off for loosing too much, and that he expected her to loose that much over a 12 month period and not 6 months. She is devastated, she has put 7kg back on and when she saw him the other day he more or less said too bad, and that he was glad.


I am just so happy that Tony is approachable and reasonable. We decided to only put 0.25mls in and leave it for 2 weeks and decide then if I need another, he thought that since 0.5 each way was too dramatic for me in the results, we would take it slowly slowly....



Therefore I love my Dr Fill !!!!!!!



Cheers Tarn xxx

P.s I was down 4kg since 15th October on his scales so 1 kg a week works out to be perfect. Even though it has been way up and way down in that time... (happy days!!!!)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there. I have been following your blog for months and we are very similar. I started at 114kgs and was banded 21/9/07 and have only lost 10kg. Am disappointed too. Can't keep much food down and I am quite sick of it all. I think I will go back to drinking the shakes for a few weeks. I also think the problem is in our heads, I am finding that chips and chocolate are the only things that stay down. Comfort eating is what got me here in the 1st place and now comfort food is all that I can keep down. Can't figure it out really.

Gen