Saturday 10 November 2007

Feeling Better - Rehydrated


I feel so much better now that I can eat solid food. I was just being plain stupid !!!! The blockage obviously had caused lots of swelling which in turn made it impossible for anything to pass my lips. The vicious cycle continues from there vomit causes swelling causes too much restriction causes more vomiting and more swelling and so on....


Water and other fluids was my greatest pleasure this week. Being able to DRINK... not sip-sip a few drops at a time is such a relief. I have gained 1.5kg but I truly think that the fluid loss was ridiculous. I was going to the loo only twice a day and the urine was so concentrated it wrong. But now thankfully I can drink really well.


Eating wise I have been able to eat a wide variety of things. In the last week I have had rice, salad, pasta, cruskits with tomato and cheese, cereal, (oh and hubby is looking over my shoulder and tells me to add KFC...)and all has gone down well. I am feeling hungry now and then and twice have eaten alot more that I thought I would be able to. so I don't think I am exactly at my sweet spot, but I am not going to do anything about it for at least another 2 weeks to see if the restriction changes in that time.


God I love food....... no wonder I ended up fat. I just couldn't live like I was last week when I couldn't eat anything, it was torture. Being able to actually eat has been great but because I had felt deprived I have actually had to stop myself from going a bit crazy.... But again, I don't think this was meant to be easy.... (such is life)


I will be starting walking every morning from tomorrow so I am hoping that might jolt the body into some weight loss action....


Here's hoping


Chow


Tarn xxx

2 comments:

Reney said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!

Love ya

Reney

Bunny the Lifeguard said...

Darling you make me laugh like you wouldnt believe... especially your potato & gravy comment... you are great!
Erin xox