Thursday 9 August 2007

No Rest For The Wicked

Isn't it amazing..... We study Nature and Nurture at school and Uni and they give you fantastic arguments from both sides as to the differences in humans and weather our environment or instinct create the way we behave.

I believe that they should just throw away pavlov's dog theory and all the study done on twins, gays and what not and just study MEN !!!! Now I am absolutely sure that each and every mother in the world did not read a handbook on raising men, so they can't blame the mothers for the behavior (ruling out nurture as an argument).

I work in a pharmacy 4 days a week and whenever a wife comes in to get medicine for a sick husband, you can see the pain written across their face. You just instinctively know that this poor woman has just spent the last 12-24 hours being TORTURED by her (supposedly) sick husband. The one that's at home laying on the lounge rugged and tucked up with 4 blankets, 2 boxes of tissues and a fresh cup of Lemsip every hour. The croaky voiced "Daaaaarrrl can you bring me a coffee".... "Daaarrrrl I need a panadol"..."Daaarrrrl I can't reach the remote"...

You can just hear it can't you.... and you know why???? Because they are all instinctively (argument for nature) like it. It's exactly what your husband or boyfriend sounded like last time they were sick. And you know where I am heading with this don't you.....

Yes... You guest it...... my poor little possum is sick. My shed habituating, sympathy retarded, emotional inept husband has the flu............ and god bless his little cotton socks I think its made his arms fall off, cause all of a sudden he can't find the panadol, doesn't know what tablets to take, and generally needs assistance to do everything. "Daaarrrlll I need a cuddle, but can you bring the medicine over with you when you come" ... whats with that !!!! When I was sick he wouldn't come near me, because he didn't want to bloody catch it. Now he says that I have already had it, so I can at least give him a cuddle.

I used to think my mother was a cranky heartless wingeing old mole when my Dad was sick. She used to put on this fake smile and take him his medicine, tissues, hot soup or whatever he was skwarking for and as she walked away her face would drop and a mouthful of obscenities would flow out about "what a miserable, lazy, selfish, hypochondriac, bastard, prick, nobody gives a shit when IIIIII'm sick , Somebody has to cook the dinner, somebody still has to wash the clothes, etc,etc"

God I know how she feels............. sorry Mum for all the times I thought you were heartless.

It reminds me of way back when I was 23, David(hubby) and I both needed our wisdom teeth out, we both went to the Dentist and maxofacial (sp?) surgeon together and decided to try and cut a deal to have them done together to save money , well that's what I told Dave. The real reason was that I knew that no matter how bad my reaction was to surgery, how much swelling or bruising I had, he would not give me an ounce of sympathy and tell me his was worse when he had his done.

So off we go and check into hospital, he was first on the surgery list and I was fourth. All went well and when I eventually woke up Dave was still out for the count and when he came too (with me sitting by his side like a diligent wife) he was really sick and vomited all over himself, the floor, the bed, the bathroom and had to be drugged up big time. The poor thing (loosely said) slept the whole time he was in hospital and guess who came home and looked after said poor thing... MMMMEEEEE !!!!!

Men............. You gotta love them..... otherwise its 25-30years for murder

over & out !!

3 comments:

Mel said...

hahaha, i sooo have to agree with you there, when a male is sick they are dying apparently. there has been a few times when me and brad have been sick around the same time, but it is always me who takes him tissues, lemon drinks etc, and most times im WORSE than him :O

last time was july :P he was sick, he never takes time off work but this time he took 2 days haha, he stayed home, i refused to go near him if i didnt have to as i had my surgery planned for the 25th. he got better and i thought great i didnt get it, then the 25th comes i get to hosp have a temp, "sorry you have to get a new date for your op your temp is way to high" i was admitted to the A&E for 8 hours the next day whilst he went to work!!! mum had to take a day off to look after me :O and do you think he would bring me hot lemon drinks? or tissues? NOOOOO!!

He just came over "what you writting about?" i told him, :O ohh bull crap! i dont do that you telling fibs!!! SEEE!! i think one of us females need to make a sympathy guide for males, even then they wont read it :P

Mel.!

Anonymous said...

I used to laugh at my ex-husband for exactly the same thing. If I had a cold, he had the flu, if I had an upset tummy, he had gastro! I used to joke that the only thing he couldn't have worse than me was pregnancy and period pains but he used to pull some attempts at those too!!! Ahh men, can't live with 'em and as you said, 30 years for murder is a tad harsh!!! My new hubby is much, much better, sympathy when warranted - and not a whinger when he's sick. I'm thinking of taking some of his blood and selling it on ebay - anyone interested!!!!!???

Maree (hoyma68)

Mel said...

oh yes please maree!! lol it would be worth more than gold i think :P

Mel.!