Wednesday 8 August 2007

From Patient to Nurse


My two cheeky monkeys

Now my poor babies are sick...... I woke up this morning feeling 80% better than death, still got snot, sore throat and sneezing like a mother, but the aches and pains have subsided. I awoke to find my 2 beautiful boys cuddled up to me in bed, which never happens as my bed is my husbands and my domain... no kids allowed. But the poor little things looked soooooo sick I had to feel sorry for them. One had a head ache and the other couldn't talk, but I managed to get out of them that daddy put them in there before he went to work.

So yet again I am not at work, instead looking after my little cherubs (today they are beautiful, cherubby, adorable and sweet..... in a couple of days the ferrals will be back !!!) After lining them up and dosing them up with drugs I packed them up on the lounge with pillows, blankets, tissues and Foxtell and told them to wait out the sickness. Amazingly enough I haven't heard a peep out of them, ones dozing and the other has eyes only for Foxtell. When they can sit for more than 2 min and actually be quiet (except for the hacking and coughing) you know they are ill.

On the food front, I managed over the last couple of days to really concentrate on eating better things. I had chicken, mash potato and mashed pumpkin and veges for dinner last night and nachos and curried veges over the weekend. I really have missed eating proper food, albeit very small amounts, no doubt the cold I have is an indication of the lack of nutrients in my diet, so a bit wake up call I would say.

My damn scaled are giving me the shits....... My mum bought them for me for my birthday (it's What I asked for) they were on special at Aldi for $49 and they do everything other than loose the bloody weight for you. Height, weight, BMI, hydration, Fat count, calorie count... Well tomorrow is my 3 months banderversary and I really wanted to do my weight, measurements and photos and the frigging things have gone on the blink.

I know it's only the batteries but...Jesus... I have had them for 3 months and this is the 3rd set of batteries I have put in the prick.... and of course they aren't the AA or AAA batteries that you pick up at Cole's, they are 2x those little disc ones about the size of a 20cent piece that cost about $4 each. I know you guys are saying ...well you got the shitty thing from Aldi... what do you expect..... I know....I know.. but I had just spent 4 grand on an Op, who has the money for the $200 jobs..... not this little black duck.

When I eventually go back to work (fingers crossed tomorrow) I will get some new batteries and do my 3 month stats. I don't feel like I have lost any more weight, but I am starting to get some compliments and strangely enough from the husbands in our circle of friends... not the wives. Funny that, we women are the biggest critics of each other aren't we? These wives are all skinny bitches that have never had a fat day in their lives. Included in this crowd is my so-called friend that just before I was banded made a comment one night when we went out on a girls night out, that "everybody needs a fat friend to make them look good"......

I was soooo upset. I was the only girl there that wasn't dressed in a size 8-10, so I wonder whom she was referring to ???????

Revenge is sweet though..... I was asked a few weeks ago to comment on an outfit of hers that her husband and daughter weren't too keen on. She was going somewhere special and needed another opinion because she wasn't feeling confident about it. So I told her "It's great, I loved it, You MUST wear it"....... my bad !!!!

Ok that was the drugs talking. I should go now.....

2 comments:

Reney said...

Hello Darlin'

Firstly and most importantly you have the most adorable looking boys!!!

Secondly, that bitch who made that fucking comment about having a fat friend..I want you to email me her details so I can violate her with my black leather dildo then I want to smash her head in with my hammer. What a dirty dirty bitch. You seriously need to draw yourself away from her she is TOXIC and what an awful , awful thing to say. Insensitive bitch.

Tarn just keep reminding yourself that you are on a path to a better YOU. One that is going to have bitches like her furious with rage due to your beauty and skinny-ness.

Reney

Tarn71 said...

Thank you... thank you ... thank you Reney, you are the sweetest, and yes my boys look adorable but are really ferral, my dad calls them "Search & Destroy", but hey I love em.
And regarding that "friend" I have thought seriously about hitting her in the head with B.O.B (battery operated boyfriend) myself but can't bring myself to put him through that ...heheehehee
Tarn xxx