Monday 13 August 2007

Damn Scales

I am FREAKING out.... I don't know what I weigh..... Me, the serial weigher, has had my addiction taken from me. The damn Aldi scales still haven't been fixed, I forgot to get the batteries last week. Every time I go out I think " I will find somewhere to weigh myself or get some new batteries" but I keep forgetting.

The reason I am little worried is that I had a bit of a party weekend. It was my boy's birthdays and we had a party with the relo's on Saturday and a kids party on Sunday and I was a piglet...

Let me explain..... I have 2 sons and at the moment they are both 9. There is 10 days short of 12 months between them. HHMMM Yes you are thinking I am a sex maniac, but really the true explanations is that I am stupid...crazy.....glutton for punishment....and yes maybe I should have just said no (but couldn't help it).


My oldest son was only 5 months old when I found out I was pregnant, and boy was it a surprise. I cried for 2 days after I found out, not because I didn't want another baby, I just didn't want one so soon. After the second day of being a big sooky la la I sucked it up and decided 13 months between children wasn't so bad. They would be buddies, Get it over and done with quickly, they would grow up together...it's not so bad....


Then my body betrayed me and I started having pre-eclampsia symptoms at 26 weeks and thanks to being hospitalized was able to stay pregnant until 30 weeks, so my 13 months age difference became 11 months.......... GREAT !!!

Any way Adam (My oldest) turns 10 on Wednesday, so we had a joint B'Day party for them on Sunday out on a friends 5 acre block. We took the motorbikes out and the BBq and heaps of junk food and about 15 kids and their parents and had wonderful day. I couldn't eat the sausages or the bread rolls and ended up just have some pasta salad and coleslaw, but also managed to taste test the CC's, chips, dip, Camembert, smarties, and all the other goodies I have not kept in my house for a long time (never said I had willpower....)

Tomorrow I WILL buy batteries, just for my own piece of mind if anything. It's funny how you just expect the worst. I am totally sure I only ate a fraction of what I would have eaten pre-banding, but I suffer the guilt thing (and I am not even catholic).

cheers Tarn..xxx

p.s I did get lots of compliments on the day... so I was very happy about that.
Here are my boys doing what they love best !!!!!
Love you Addy and Cam xxxxxx

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tarn,
My Mum and Dad bought the Aldi Scales and gave them to me...They're broken cause they always show me at the same weight...LOL
Got my fill yesterday and I'm on Liquids today...till lunch time tomorrow...not that I'm counting or anything. I now have 5.5mL in my SAGB(Swedish Adjustable Gastric Band)... and mine doesn't come with Sven who will do massages...BUGGER

Jules

Anonymous said...

Hi Jules,
Before the damn batteries went flat mine had the same problem, the weight never changed. Maybe it was a manufacturing fault... lol

Tarn

Reney said...

Tarn, Tarn, Tarn,

Firstly and most importantly you never say NO to sex. So you feel pregnant too "soon" it don't matter coz you got sex.

Next thing I am GLAD that you don't have scales. We rely on them too much. So you ate junk on the weekend, it don't matter because that was the weekend and today is another day. Also we need to "splurge" occasionally. So I personally do not believe that you have done anything wrong.

Thats my 20 cents worth.

Reney

Anonymous said...

I never leave any comments but just wanted you to know that I am really enjoying your blog. Well Done.