Monday 4 June 2007

4 Weeks Post-op - 1st B.P

I need a fill !!!!!!

I thought i would get that out of the was before I started so I won't harp on about it...

Well, the weight- loss or should I say weight- stay has been pretty consistent over the last 3 weeks....... 0.... nil......zero....zip.....nudda... nothing. but hey, at least I am consistent and it ain't going upwards. So I am still 5kg down and I am glad of that at least, it just seems unfair that 5kg were gone in the first week and the nothing from then..... All in good time.

I had my first bad experience with food on Friday, I had a slimeing and BP episode.... and it was aaaaawful. I picked up some Chinese for the family on the way home from work on Friday night (that's our takeaway night) some fried rice, omelet and a beef dish, served myself 2 spoons of rice and some omelet and ate it and all was good. I then in my infinite wisdom thought I have a crack at a piece of meat from one of the kids plates , it did look yummy and one piece wouldn't kill me... right ?...... WRONG !!!!

I no sooner swallowed it and felt it stick and it started to hurt, not alot... but enough. I started to do this clearing the throat type of cough.... then trying to burp.... nothing. So I thought i would wash it down with water, but the band was not gonna give it just made it worse. I could feel something starting to ooze back into my mouth. I went to the toilet and lent over the bowl and I had this ooze coming back up from my stomach (sorry gross I know) It wasn't a vomit, it had no force behind it......... This must be slimeing or sliming. It was nauseating I kept trying to burp, but nothing was happening, and if I contracted my stomach the ooze would project like a vomit. At this stage my husband was starting to have kittens, he had followed me to the bathroom and was really worried, he could see me struggling ( he was about to break out the heinleicht manoeuvre at any moment)

Finally after a few minutes of this, I burped and it was a productive burp (BP) which released the meat or the rice or whatever was causing the blockage, and GOD it felt better. I had really started to get a bit panicky and was relieved that it was over. I am really surprised how taxing it was on me thought, I felt exhausted afterwards and flopped on the lounge like I had just run a marathon.

Lesson learned------ Chew chew chew------ Slowly Slowly.

I really am not looking forward to that happening again


OH and did I mention I need a fill......LOL

3 comments:

Reney said...

Oh My GOD!!! It almost sounds like The Alien was trying to squeeze itself out of you (please do not think I am being sarcastic or ride)
You poor thing

Reney

Bunny the Lifeguard said...

LMAO Tarn that's great, it was an entire post about a puke and I was riveted!

I pictured the scene from the Exorcist where the girl is throwing up that green gunge all over the place. Did your head spin around on your shoulders when you were done?!! Hehe you know I'm teasing you...

Anonymous said...

Ohh, doesn't sound like fun, I am not looking forward to that happening to me =S Chinese is always so tempting, isn't it!!

Thanks for visitng my website :) I have added your blog to my website.

Lauren xx