Saturday 16 June 2007

Newcastle's Wild June Long Weekend

My boys at Nobby's Beach looking at the Pasha Bulker

I have had heaps of emails and enquiries as to how I survived the wild storms and floods that hit the Newcastle/Hunter regions on the Queens Birthday Long Weekend. I thought I would do a blog entry and add some photos to give you an idea of the effect the natural disaster had on the area.
The amount of rain was horrendous, it torrential rained for 36 hrs and I mean it did not let up once, the drains and waterways had absolutely no way of dealing with the deluge of water that fell from the sky. The power went out at about 10.30am of Friday morning and we were blacked out until Monday lunch time. I was lucky enough not to get any damage to our house or property other than the pool looking like a dirty old billabong but here are some photos that were taken in the area.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i though that the 2007 long weekend storm was the worst storm newcastle has had and the worst thing was i was coming back form the old airs rock and all up there was already flooded and thebus went through alot of water. Shayna Wite 11 years old p.s there is supose to be another one its ment to be much badder scarey.