Friday 2 January 2009

Happy New Year 2009



Hi Everybody,

Just wanted to say Happy New Years. Hope everybody is enjoying the festive season.

Mine has been great, Xmas went off without a hitch, it was laid back and non eventful (just the way I like it) we spent boxing day at Blacksmith’s beach/lagoon and had an absolute ball. I even rode the boogie board down the sand dunes (as my facebook friends have already seen) it’s just a shame the walk up the damn dune was so tough I would have done it a few more times.

Food wise I have had a couple of shitty days where I have had a bit of swelling and not been able to eat anything but basically this was due to eating too fast or the wrong thing. Same old same old.

The good news is I have now lost 32kg….. I am stoked and now motivated to get it moving again. 83kg down from 115.8kg. Size 22-24 to a 14 and I feel fabulous. That means that If my goal weight is 70kg I now have lost 71% of my excess body weight in 19 months.

Last Friday when we went to the beach I tried to put on some boardies from last season, they not only didn’t fit me they fell straight o the ground. I had to wear a pair of my hubby’s that were loose on me but stayed on my hips at least.

This has been a tough journey with as many negative experiences and positive at times, but BY GOD I would NEVER EVER EVER say I regretted having it done. My family are proud of me, my kids tell me most days how skinny and beautiful I am (they are obviously blinded by love lol) and my husband as well as being proud loves the new bod. My mum and dad were moved to tears on Xmas day by my appearance and the customers at work don’t recognize me. I had to show my license to a lady at Target the other day when doing a refund and she literally looked at the license 3 or 4 times and looked back at me, she didn’t say anything but I knew what she was thinking…..”where the hell have her jowls gone”.

Well… My 2008 has been good and bad for many reasons… but hey aren’t most years. Here is to 2009 being everything we hope and dream for, and if for any reason it’s not, lets hope the goods outweigh the bad times.

Thanks to my bandster friends new and old for all your support and friendship in 2008.

Again … HAPPY NEW YEAR….

Cheers
Tarnya xxx

3 comments:

Diz said...

Wow Tarn. I've never seen the former pictures. You've come so far and look Fab! It must've been so much fun to have your friends and family be amazed at the changes in you. Looking forward to your blog in 09'.

THE DASH! said...

Tarn,

What an amazing blog. Warts and all, loved it. You are doing SO amazing, you truly are, don't ever doubt yourself. Can't wait to see the next installment... we need another post, girl. Come on, lol.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tarn, Thanks...I typed in Mikey Robbins and found you. I have just had my lap-band put in and have a week to go on mush food. I have lost 10kgs so far. I could not find much reading on lap bands after I had it done and it was annoying me. I wanted to know if what i was eating was okay...lots of mush!! I have added you to my favourites....I am going in next week to have the liquid put in. I haven't told too many people including some of my oldest and dearest friends...some are just too judgemental. The only ones who know are the ones whom I know will support me. I am going to keep watching you and i wish you well in your journey...thanks Enz