Sunday 11 May 2008

Bandiversary

Well folks it's been 1 year since I had little Freddy inserted into my belly, and what an eventful year it has been.

I have

Lost 27 kg
Felt sexier
Got heaps of compliments
Gone down 4 dress sizes
Gone down a shoe size
Been told I look younger
Been hit on twice whilst out
Met a banded friend that I could now not live without
met lots of new and interesting people
struggled with food
Bought my first pair of proper jeans
bought my first belt
had heaps of ups and downs
Been told that my kids are proud of me
Had better sex than for a long time
bought a push up bra (OMG)
bought sexy underwear
and.....
never been unhappy with my decision to have to operation.....


So all in all its been eventful, trying, hard, enjoying, emotional and liberating. I am so glad I did it and I can not believe it's been 1 year already. I am absolutely positive I would be still 115kg if not more if I had not had the lap band, possibly starting diabetes medication and who knows...maybe even blood pressure meds. So I am thrilled.

I started writing this blog for my own benefit originally as I needed to vent and I hadn't told any of my friends. I really have found it very therapeutic just writing this stuff as well as all the VERY positive feedback I have gotten from everybody. I want to thank you all for visiting and sharing my journey, for encouraging me and supporting me. I also hoped in a small and unromantic way that perhaps I was helping others out there going through the same thing or thinking about having the op that it wasn't all sunshine and lollipops... but that it was still all good....

My goal now in the next year is to (of course) loose some more weight. I would like to be 79kg that's just under 10kg away, I want to be fitter, which won't be hard cause I am a lazy bitch at the moment. I want to get a quote on a tummy tuck.... cause I am sick to fucking tired of having an apron tummy(don't start the exercise shit with me ... I know already).

I am proud of me.....

Happy Bandiversary to me !!!!!

Tarn xxx

9 comments:

Diz said...

Your hope is a reality! I've been reading your blogs and am hoping to be banded soon. I see the Surgeon next Monday (19th). Your ups and downs have taught me a lot, and you're still happy with the band. Everyone I read seems to be happy and they don't go back on their decision. So you've helped me more than I could ever express. If you don't mind, I'm going to continue to read and learn from you. You are an inspiration. Happy Bandiversary! You look Fabulous!

Unknown said...

Happy bandiversary - such a big change in your life - congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Hey beautiful girl, just wanted to publicly wish you a huge CONGRATULATIONS I think you are amazing....I miss you too....we need to catch up.
xxTrish

Unknown said...

Happy Bandiversary!
That post was so beautiful....

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Tarn on the Weight loss sweetie. Thought you'd dropped off the face of the earth.
Keep up the excellent work and look into the tummy tuck under reconstructive health purposes. Apparently if you have lost a lot of weight and the apron is causing a lot of health issues- sweating, skin infections under the apron, you may be able to get it as reconstrucive purposes and may only have to part with about $2500 out of pocket. Check it out.
Jules

LapBandGirl said...

Happy Bandiversary!!

Anonymous said...

That's sensational! Congrats on your success. I only hope that in a year I can be where you are now.

Em

Anonymous said...

Where have you gone? How are you going? You haven't posted for such a long time. Is everything ok? Let us know how you are doing, we think you are BLOODY FABULOUS AND INSPIRATIONAL!

Gen

Colleen said...

Hi Tarn

You have a great blog, I loved your update of your successes since you were banded. These are truly inspirational.

I hope that you dont mind if I do something similar when I get to my six month anniversary on my blog.

my blog is called shrinkingdolly.

Congratulations again- you look beautiful and most of all happy. who could ask for more?