Thursday 24 January 2008

I Think I Finally Get It !!!!!


I have spoken to lots of bandster.... and I know we all have different stories about how hard or how easy it is, and so far mine has been of the struggling kind. I seem to loose a few kilos then plateau for a month or so, then go down another 5 and stop and so on...... FRUSTRATING

Well since just before Xmas I seem to have hit a spot where things have been smoother, whether that means I am at a sweat spot or not... I can't tell you, but the ride is smoother.

I am loosing weight nearly every day, even if it is only 0.1 or 0.2kg I am doing it gradually and regularly and besides the first week this is the first time that has happened, and I am enjoying it.

Not only that ,other people and especially my husband are getting excited for me, and it is very encouraging. I catch glimpses of myself and think WOW you look heaps younger, or GEE look how great your shoulders look, and GOD !!! it is a nice feeling to view yourself in a positive light for a change.

My rings are getting really loose, to the point where I am loosing them of a night time in bed. I now have to take them off and only wear them of a day. My undies are huge and my shoes are too big, my necklaces actually feel comfy instead of choking me, and my bras are HUGE !!!

All these things are fantastic, its like you find a new secret achievement everyday. A few months back I went and bought a size 18 3/4 denim pants that were firm on me (I started in size 22) and have pretty much been living in them, but yesterday I was told by my mother and husband that they looked like shit catchers because they were so bagging around the arse on me. So today I went and bought myself size 16 pants... and not 16 in the plus section (which is more like an 18) I am talking Rockmans size 16... WHOOOO HOOOO.

The scales say 93.4kg at the moment and I can actually see myself getting to my 85kg by my birthday on 26th April if this keeps up. Now that will make me VERY Happy. My bandiversary is on the 9th May and 85 kg would mean 30kgs lost in 12 months.... can't be unhappy about that now....

Good luck banded ones

Cheers Tarn xxx

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Reading through your blog is so inspiring - congratulations on the loss so far - it was great to read such a positive post. Great news on the pants size!

fattypatty said...

Well done sweety, told you, you could get into that 16....I am so jealous you are down to 93, I think I will now start going to the gym daily!!!!!!!! LOL
xxTrish

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Tarn, that is such great news! I hope I can get to that place you are at! Can I ask how many ml you have in your band?

Unknown said...

Well done Tarn, you are looking awesome and yes, so much younger!! Only 7 sleeps to go and I'll be joining you on the journey - very excited.

Hopefully the downward slide of the scale continues for you now without a hitch - well done and thanks for sharing your journey with the world!!

Maree